[cod] banning people.

Matthew E. Evans | Computer Networks MEvans at cpunetworks.com
Mon Dec 29 09:27:05 EST 2003

There most certainly is. . . you could always dead route or have that person dead routed by your isp:

Syntax to do this in linux:

/sbin/route add x.x.x.x gw 127.0.0.1

We are setting a route so that all network traffic from that host goes to localhost, and since cod does not listen on localhost traffic will not get routed to him, effectivly banning him.

However if he has a dynamic ip like most dsl accounts, he can simply reconnect, and away he is playing on your server again. If someone really, really, really wants to get on your server no method of banning will help much. So you have to take a much diffrent aproach to banning, and getting rid of someone you don't want playing on your server. This is something that can not be taught or explained, and requires alot of patiants at times, but it's funner, and keeps you interested in the game rather than getting pissed at some dimwit.

Respectivly Submitted,
Matt