[cod] Problems with NAT (Multihomed) and COD

Eduardo E. Silva esilva at silvex.com
Sun Dec 28 15:23:48 EST 2003

I have the same problem and anybody that is doing NAT will have the same
problem. I think that Activision made a rather poor decision of how to
handle cdkey. perhaps they should use MAC adresses or simply allow 1-2
non-public ip addresses. The only logic I can see, is that they wanted to
avoid piracy. This is particular from Internet cafes where they might have
200 some clients. Otherwise I see no logic behind this. I hope the patch
it up in the promised patch that was supposed to come out a month ago.
They also promised a non-beta linux server.

VERY BAD ACTIVISION.

Thanks,

Ed Silva
Silvex Consulting Inc.