[cod] Server runs but doesn't stay running

chicago.101st at sbcglobal.net chicago.101st at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 26 12:12:06 EST 2003

You have to use screen!

Here is the command I use

screen -S cod-sd cod_lnxded +set dedicated 2 +exec search-destroy.cfg
+map_rotate +set logfile 3 +set fs_basepath /usr/local/games/cod

Then I press ctrl A Ctrl B now I am back at the $ prompt

The COD server is still running

U can access it with screen -r cod

If you just ssh in and disconnect all you foreground apps will die.. so use
screen and then detach form screen and exit

Thank you

101st|Chicago

http://thescreamingeagle.com