[cod] Local client auth via NAT ( possible solution )

Boy_One (COD System Admin) cod at kaleplek.net
Mon Dec 22 14:40:52 EST 2003

Hi there all,

Thanks for all the mail about this topic, it pushed me in a couple of
directions who where looking fine in theory, but still no luck.

Here a little update. I tried to install a proxy or portfwd or like below
yet no luck, i found out something else with this debugging, Steve was right
all along, it is the client who gives the ip-adres, only when i go through
nat it is transferred to the external ip. So it looks like that the server
has to translate/spoof the private address to a public address. Does anyone
know a tool who can do this or is Activision in this mailing group and can
answer this question???? It would help because i'm spending more time to get
myself on the gameserver rather than to having fun of it...:-(

Another solution for me is that my internal address is not checked at all by
activision auth, but just accepted... (and yes i have a legal cd-key)

Please Please help me out with this problem.... I can't believe that Mohaa
and other Server are working fine and only Call of Duty has this problem.

Thanks for all the help so far.

Regards

Quint