[cod] Linux Startup scripts?

Robert Mount rmount at pobox.com
Mon Dec 15 10:17:23 EST 2003

Yes, please send a link!

----- Original Message -----
From: Nathan Peters
To: cod at icculus.org
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2003 8:58 AM
Subject: Re: [cod] Linux Startup scripts?

Hey everyone.  It took me 5 hours this weekend to write custom startup,
restart, and shutdown scripts for the medal of honor linux server - because
the server I'm hosted on doesn't have the screen command and I didn't want
to have to install a ton of stuff to make it work.  I'm also in the process
of writing scripts to turn mods on and off very easily and also a script
that emails me when the server goes down or a script that restarts the
server, not sure yet.  But, I'm pretty sure these scripts will work for CoD
also.  I copywrited or licensed them whatever you want to call it with the
GNU license so they're free but I still get credit for writing them, so if
you want to take a look at them let me know and I'll put them somewhere
where you can download them, that way you get a copy of the license.
Reason: It took me a long time to do this and I doubt anyone has scripts
like these.  They can be run from a cron also.