Problem with Dedicate COD and lan connection

COD System Admin cod at kaleplek.net
Fri Dec 12 10:32:08 EST 2003

Hi there all,

I have a simple question. I have a Mohaa Breaktrough server running on my linux box, this server is showing up in gamespy ASE and in the game.

Now i want to run a COD server on the same machine, after i put it up and try to connect from my lan machine to the server i get awaiting cd key authorization. I read on www.codadmin.com that you have to put a redirect in your host file like this
10.5.1.2               codauthorize.activision.com

After i did this it worked like a charm but i am not showing up in either ASE or Gamespy or inside the game. Now i read on this forum that when you block this Actvision is blocking you on gamespy etc. So i removed it and i can see that i get more connections now in my logfile

SV packet 212.4.59.227:28960 : getinfo
SV packet 217.187.228.176:28960 : getinfo
SV packet 66.171.20.41:28960 : getinfo
SV packet 81.50.168.236:28960 : getinfo
SV packet 213.7.84.188:28960 : getinfo
SV packet 80.130.183.223:28960 : getinfo
SV packet 62.15.142.49:6956 : getinfo
SV packet 62.181.213.155:28960 : getinfo
SV packet 194.255.159.186:-496 : getinfo
SV packet 67.163.174.179:28960 : getinfo
SV packet 80.142.139.40:14529 : getinfo
SV packet 213.89.220.43:-1909 : getinfo
SV packet 80.135.182.47:28960 : getinfo
SV packet 81.189.29.89:28960 : getinfo

And it goes on and on. When i put the block again i only see this 1 or 2 times in 15 minutes.

I also see that the logfile is saying

sending getIpAuthorize for 10.5.1.123:28960

I understand that this won't work becuase this is a private range and Activision can't registrate my CDKEY.

So now my problem.

If i put in the block a can play on my server from the lan, if i remove it i see the CD KEY string.

Please can anybody help me with this?????

Regards
Quint