tdm fails to rotate map on occasion

Joe Brown joe at overdrivepc.com
Wed Dec 10 19:50:02 EST 2003

I haven't been able to deduce exactly why, but every so often my TDM
server fails to rotate map.  It gets stuck on scoreboard seemingly at
random.

Linux RH release 9
COD MP 1.1 build 650 Nov 13 2003 14:53:19 linux-i386
        sv_mapRotation "gametype tdm map mp_brecourt gametype tdm map
mp_carentan gametype tdm map mp_chateau gametype tdm map mp_dawnville
gametype tdm map mp_depot gametype tdm map mp_harbor gametype tdm map
mp_hurtgen gametype tdm map mp_pavlov gametype tdm map mp_powcamp
gametype tdm map mp_railyard gametype tdm map mp_rocket gametype tdm map
mp_ship"
        scr_tdm_scorelimit "200"
        scr_tdm_timelimit "0"

I've written a little timer script, that watches the logs for
map_rotate, if it hasn't seen one for an hour, it forces the server to
rotate, and all is usually well for hours...

The pre-release version had this problem too, but it was much more
frequent with that version.  Seems like might be down to once or twice a
day with the release version.

Thanks,
-Joe