[cod] ServerWatch with AntiCheat was Re: [cod] questions about server

COD System Admin cod at kaleplek.net
Tue Dec 9 12:17:56 EST 2003

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the response. Ok i only need those 2 files, but why do i have to
set te sv_log then in the cfg file?????

But what is is....;-)

But you are the maker of the serverwatch tool. I have a question about it?

Tell me if this is right what i think serverwatch is doing for me.

scenario 1 :

I have a COD server running on linux, the serverwatch is running on a
back-end system(vmware box on the same linux machine but only connecting to
the internal network and not availible on internet). When a user connects to
my COD server the COD server gives information to the serverwatch machine on
the back-end and looks if there are cheats. Then gives the client an ok and
the client can play.

scenario 2 :

I have a COD server running on linux, the serverwatch is running on a second
machine and the client first connects to the serverwatch environment and
after the user is checked he can play????

If scenario 2 is the right one i don't think serverwatch is something for
me, i have a DMZ environment and i don't want any windows machines inside
this DMZ because i have bad experience with Microsoft and internet (hackers
etc). Or if there is a possibility that there is a linux version of the
serverwatch tool with for example X, then it would be of use for me.

Greets

Quint