Command-line rcon tool

Kendokan kendokan at amateur-hour.net
Mon Dec 1 18:47:54 EST 2003

I just wanted something lightweight, so I wrote a small application that
sends rcon commands to the game server over the network and prints any
info received back. Nothing that kkrcon doesn't do, and it's a fine tool,
but I had some issues sending certain commands with it for some reason, so
I wrote my own. It should work on anything that can run perl, but I have
only tested it under linux and cygwin on WinXP.

http://amateur-hour.net/download/rcon.pl.tar.gz

I have an alias set in my bash profile like:

alias rcon='/usr/local/bin/rcon.pl -s cod.amateur-hour.net -p mypassword -c '

That way I can just do "rcon cvarlist". If you send a rcon command with a
space in it, enclose the entire command in quotes (i.e. rcon.pl ... -c
"set g_log whatever.log").

     -doug/kendokan