[cod] Custom Maps

Daniel M. Temme cod at schlechteverlierer.de
Mon Dec 1 05:03:48 EST 2003

On Sunday 30 November 2003 16:58, SalesBBGN wrote:
> can anyone tell me how to get a custom COD map to play on my 20 man server.
> I put the maps pk3 file in the servers main folder but whenever I try to
> change to th custom map it says unable to locate "custom map".bsp

With regard to that, could someone explain to me how additional game packs are
loaded? I've noticed that most of the custom stuff comes in packs labeled
zzzz*.pk3 and that some of the map-packs just labeled mp_blabla.pk3 do not
get loaded. I assume there is some sorting going on that only loads packs
named 'higher' then the regular game packs? If so, why haven't I read
anything about that before?

So, you may want to check your logs whether the pk3 file actually gets loaded
and otherwise just prepend zzzz to the name of the file.

Have a nice day
--
Daniel M. Temme
http://schlechteverlierer.de