[braid] Window management bugs/annoyances

Ranguvar ranguvar at archlinux.us
Wed Dec 22 11:54:26 EST 2010

Hello,

Thanks for your awesome work porting Braid!

I have to say though, I have two major gripes I wanted to voice here
before making formal bug reports.
1.) When Braid is in windowed mode, if one switches virtual desktop
(tested on KDE 4.5), Braid stops playing any sound whatsoever (even
when you switch desktops back).
2.) Braid in full-screen mode does not allow window manager key
commands to go through -- I like to game full-screen on a second
desktop usually, and switch back to the one with my web browser and
such with Ctrl+{1-9) periodically.  When Braid's up though, that
command doesn't get to KWin.  Alt+Tab doesn't pass through either, so
the only way I can look at something other than Braid is to fully quit
Braid.

These is a bit of a disappointment, since I like having Braid
full-screen (immersive as it is), but I do need to check other apps
from time to time, and quitting Braid entirely is a bit annoying when
I am just going to start it right back up again.

So for now, I run it windowed (and on the same desktop, since
switching desktops kills the sound).

If you could look into these, that'd be excellent :)

Sincerely,
  Devin Cofer (Ranguvar)