[braid] Trouble Starting Braid on Debian Lenny

Harry P habstinat.mail at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 18:58:55 EST 2010

The subject pretty much explains it all. Here's the error:

> habs at habs-desktop:~/braid$ ./braid -windowed
> Game Startup Error: Unable to set up graphics.
> Reason: Missing required OpenGL extension.
>
> To help fix this problem make sure you are running the newest version of
your video drivers.
> Lastly, you could try running this game with the -windowed command-line
option.

As you can see, the -windowed option does not fix my problem. A window opens
with a white screen for about a second, but it quickly closes and outputs
this error.

To be honest I'm not sure if this is considered a bug report because there
is no bug, it's simply my computer not having the right extensions to run
the game.

If this would require patches specific to my hardware, I'm on a Dell
Dimension 3100, the specs for which can be found here:
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim3100/en/sm/specs0.htm.

Some more specs that may or may not matter: Debian Release 5.0.7 (lenny),
Kernel Linux 2.6.26-2-686, GNOME 2.22.3, 1002.2 MiB Memory, Intel Pentium 4
CPU 3 GHz Processor.

A link to the OpenGL extension or some tips, or help with troubleshooting
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

~Harry