Problem with rotate_demo.py on bf2142

extendhost.de info at extendhost.de
Sun Mar 18 17:42:07 EDT 2007

Hello List,

is anyone out who can give me a hint what's wrong ?

explanation :

-we run a bf2142 server which should rotate demos via adminutils/demo/rotate_demo.py, but it doesnt work

-python interpreter 2.3 as recomended is installed on the system
-path to python is /usr/bin/python.

-we get this error when starting rotate_demo.py on command-line :

feuerteufel:/bf2142/adminutils/demo # ./rotate_demo.py
: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

-starting rotate_demo.py with : /usr/bin/python rotate_demo.py works

-first line of rotate_demo.py is : #! /usr/bin/python

-running other .py files like lowercaseDir.py works fine

how can i convince my bf2142 server to rotate the demo-files ? :)

thanks

regards
Mike