In game BF2 admin scripts.

James Gurney james at globalmegacorp.org
Tue Apr 3 01:38:46 EDT 2007

I've just fired up our BF2 server again for the first time in, oh,
ages.. so we can host the Desert Conflict mod.

It's been a really long time since I've looked at this stuff, so I'm
looking for suggestions. Back in the day, there weren't any really good
admin scripts for in-game. There were some half finished ones on the
wiki, but nothing really usable.

Is there anything better now? I'm looking for a python script that will
handle user access and give simple in game access to commands like
kick/ban. Doesn't need to be too complex, but I don't have time to try
and figure out someone elses half finished code (like I used to), so I'd
prefer it if it's something fairly well documented.

bf2cc isn't an option for me, because I don't particularly want to run
the .NET framework on top of Mono on my box. Seems like a lot of
overheard for something which should be pretty simple.

So, any suggestions?

Thanks,

James