[bf1942] BF2 in Windows - pointers?

Joe sechon at blackmud.com
Sat Mar 25 09:06:21 EST 2006

AFAIK, the drivers are merely for "Cool & Quiet" (or "Crash & Quiet", as
I sometimes call it) which will flip the voltage/clock speed up and down
on the cpu in an attempt to run it at lower temps when the CPU isn't
under load. I've used it on a few boards with a few diff amd64 chips and
every time it's introduced instability. To disable the C&Q 'features',
you set the "power scheme" of the PC away from "minimal power
management" (unless they've changed that by now).

You should be A-OK without drivers, and I personally suggest not
installing the AMD CPU driver.