[bf1942] BF2 in Windows - pointers?

Giel van Schijndel giel at kingofdos.com
Wed Mar 22 19:35:12 EST 2006

Robert Mount schreef:

>Einar,
>
>- Consider firedaemon, it'll make your life easier.  All my BF2
>servers (running BF2CC) run from Firedaemon.
>http://www.firedaemon.com, i also run srcdsfpsboost from Firedaemon.

Instead of using FireDaemon you could use my ownwritten service-wrapper
as well (for free, without limitations, its GPL'ed).

You can get it here http://members.chello.nl/p.schijndel2/daemon.zip

I've included two binary's, the smallest should be the fastest of the
two, if however that one shouldn't work try the largest one.
If the largest one doesn't work either, then I don't have a clue.

The included .ini-file is a sample configuration file.

I've installed the service in the daemon.ini file using the following
command:
'daemon -file "C:\WINDOWS\system\SVC\daemon.ini" -i'

As you see I'm using the full path, this is because a relative path
doesn't work.

If you run the executable (in a console) without parameters it will give
you a list of commandline options. (though I must advise using as few as
possible at the same time)

If you would like the sourcecode, mail me, I might still have it somewhere.

>- Set a fixed paging file size, typically 2x your physical ram size.
>You can spread it over multiple physical disks for better performance.

Or in case of a 32-bit processor, use a pagefile of 4GB minus "physical
ram", at least don't use any more since your processor can't allocate it
anyway.
As for a 64-bit processor, you can go higher than that if you'd like,
though it will rarely be nessecary (unless of course a new memory-leak
will be introduced).

Cheers,

SGT Mortis
The Art Of Warfare <http://www.theartofwarfare.net> - BF
The Gryphons

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."