[bf1942] [OT] BF2 Ranked server program info

Lestat lestat at aresgames.com
Mon Mar 13 19:21:09 EST 2006

Hi,

EA limit the number of partners by country (one in France) for Ranked
Servers

Anyway you need to put 10 public servers online + one every 10 server rented
for be partners (if I remember good) so mean you need to ask for high prices
for the servers so mean you need some warranty to not have lot of
conccurence around you so mean they give exclusivity to few hoster...

People are asking for ranked server because the stats and the weapons you
get when you go up...(that you can get easily with some tweak)

Think that you can't do what you want with your servers, that you need to
put servers online even if you get no customers, that the prices need to be
high compared to other games (so mean less people can rent it)... is it
really worthing it?

And think if the game is too bad (like Pacific Assault for exemple) and you
still need to put 10 servers online for 1 or 2 years even if you can't rent
any server...

Personaly I will not take the risk for so less especialy with all the games
around...

If they didn't get the ranked system I think they would probabily get more
server on so mean more people buying the game because the price would be
more affordable for players... But it's only my opinion...