[bf1942] BF2 Windows or Linux

"Einar S. Idsø" esi at itk.ntnu.no
Thu Apr 27 05:52:00 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am definitely a Linux-guy, but I will nevertheless say Windows. I know
for a fact that BF2 is in the area of 15% more efficient under Windows
than under Linux. This is the entire reason why I am currently working
towards a transfer from Linux to Windows. Linux has loads and loads of
advantages over Windows when it comes to administration, but when CPUs
are near melting-point, 15% is 15%... That's between one and two steps
up  in processor-frequency.

Cheers,
Einar