[bf1942] Using sqlite with BF2 in Windows

"Einar S. Idsø" esi at itk.ntnu.no
Fri Apr 21 13:56:33 EDT 2006

> That is so not true. There is no garantee at all that the packet you
> send is not fragmented by either the local kernel, network or remote
> kernel.

I am sure you are right. Like I said, I don't have much experience with
socket programming, but so far we haven't had any problems with the
UDP-based adverts that we've been using. But then again I guess if
something went wrong with a single line of messages, noone would really
take notice...

> The guys here have XML RPC up and running for a central ban manager
> so you might want to pop onto IRC into #mpukhosting and catch
> either Tom or Boffbowsh to see if they cant point you in the right
> direction.

My first thought when I decided to make this manager was actually to use
XML-RPC. But then I figured it seemed a bit too heavy for our use, and
decided that I should use UDP instead so I just kept the XML idea and
went from there. But I guess if I will be using TCP anyways, I may as
well just go ahead and use XML-RPC. I'll definitely look closer into it.
Thanks for the tip, Steven, and I may just bug your colleagues a bit :)

Cheers,
Einar