[bf1942] Custom maps on Linux?

Webmaster webmaster at brenthoard.com
Sun Sep 4 15:04:04 EDT 2005

Nevermind.  I figured it out on my own.  That ranked provider listserv
has really taken a bite out of the traffic to this list, huh?

Anyay, here's the lowdown for the other folks in the same situation as
me. (I wasn't aware of the *.desc file in the info directory.... so that
hosed me up.)

1) Rename the map folder to all lower case (just like BF1942).
2) Rename the Server.zip to server.zip
3) Rename the Info directory to folder
4) Inside of the info directory, rename the *.desc file to lowercase
(should be identical to name in item #1, above).
5) Now use 'mapList.append "map_name" gpm_cq #' as normal