[bf1942] DoS against port 29900

Robert Jonker robert at infinity-shell.net
Wed Oct 12 06:07:18 EDT 2005

I cannot tell you what it is or what to do exactly (yet) but I can confirm I
have seen the same this morning:

http://www.infinity-shell.net/images/misc/bf2dosgraph.gif -> shows traffic
on the affected BF2 server, which was empty at that time.

I havent had access to this machine but I got told on the phone the traffic
was on the gamespy port. We stopped the 'attack' just by quering the server
(send some packets on the gamespy port too). Maybe a 'new' bug?

Robert