[bf1942] Players needed to start the game ...

Mike Swain mjswain at charter.net
Fri Nov 11 13:03:25 EST 2005

Lots of bf2 admins are angry about this. It  creates an unecessary
hardship in building up the popularity of a ranked server.

EA needs to use a different method to protect the integrity of their rankings.
Rather then force admins to use a minimum player number before the game can
start they should allow the admins to set the minimum number of players needed
to start a game but hardcode in the point at which the stats will record and/or send.
I don't think most players would have a problem with waiting for the server they are
on to reach the minimum required for stats to be recorded as long as they can actually
play while they wait.

With this method I think you'll end up with the hard core stat whores sticking to the servers
that are usually full however the majority of players will  simply accept that they have to play
a round or 2 before the ranked server fills up enough to record stats.

Mike

Jon Wolberg wrote:

> There is no way around this.  It is hard-coded into the ranked server
> itself.
>
> Jon
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Anton Jansen" <gradius at fmf.nl>

I already figured that one out, but I was looking into ways how you
could deal with this ...

Maybe Andreas could make it so that you can change the max number of
players and that this change imediately takes effect or at least after a
mapchange ....

With kind regards,

Anton Jansen