BF2 Server Requirements

Chris Adams chris at fragzzhost.com
Mon May 23 16:01:47 EDT 2005

I'm not sure if this is available everywhere, or even if it's been
posted on this list (did a quick search but didn't find anything), but
we've received the BF2 recommended server requirements from DICE / EA
now and apparently it's public so:

Linux:
Minimum specifications for 16 players - Processor: 1.0 GHz and Memory:
256 MB RAM
Recommended specifications for 64 players - Processor: Intel Pentium IV
or Athlon XP 3.0 GHz or Opteron 64-bit 1.8 GHz and Memory: 1 GB RAM

I assume by Athlon XP 3.0Ghz they mean Athlon XP 3000+ :-)
It'll be interesting to see whether this is about right as I recall that
the BF1942 and BF Vietnam requirements were hugely over the top?

I hope this is of some use; if it's easily available please ignore my
idiocy!
Chris Adams
GameSwitch Ltd.
www.gameswitch.co.uk