[bf1942] Since we now have our new Andreas ;)

Frode H panic at battlefield.no
Fri May 6 11:17:26 EDT 2005

>I'm afraid BF2 does not support any of that. :/
>
>Apperently, they thought about it, but felt that it would steal to much
>bandwidth from the server and affect the game-experience for the others
>on the server.
That issue could have  been handled by a configuration for
max bandwith usage per download slot, and max number of
download slots, couldn't it? Action item for later patch...? :-)

>The redirect feature would have solved that I guess, but we do not have
>time to implement that now. Sorry!
Also an action item for later patch? This solution would be
the preferred one I guess. For people (like us at Battlefield.no)
wich have a file server where we put all this stuff.

 Name: Frode Hommedal
 Location: Norway
 Day job: VLSI designer and programmer
 Site: Battlefield.no [ http://www.battlefield.no ]