[bf1942] BF2 linux server at launch

Michael Ressen netadmin at michiganburbs.com
Thu May 5 12:37:18 EDT 2005

Andreas Andersson wrote:
> Sorry for the delay, but here we go!
>
> The bf2-server does not recreate its process on map-change.
>
> I'm afraid I cannot release anything from the game before it is
> released, not even config-files. I would most likely get a one-way
> ticket to the guillotine if I did :)

Andreas,

In the past, we would get the server binaries to test a few days ahead
of release.   That way, we could be sure that the binaries functioned
properly, even just idling, and if any issues were discovered, AF was
very quick to correct those in time for the official release.

Many times this group found small glitches ahead of time, because we
test on many different platforms.   You might want to check with the
folks there as to how to proceed with this for BF2.   We understand it's
a new release, but we are only looking to make things work smoother from
the get-go.

/BA