[bf1942] BF2 RCON protocol

panic at battlefield.no panic at battlefield.no
Thu May 5 08:42:31 EDT 2005

>I was going to ask the BBO maker to see if he would
> consider building into BBO an auto XML transfer utility, (via
> ftp or what ever would be good)..
Even better would be if BF2 would support UDP-logging. I see
the benefit of good XML-logs, but sometimes it's a whole lot
easier to work with UDP-logs. I wrote a perl-utility that generated
UDL-log streams of the XML-logs generated by BF, but it would
be great if BF2 would support that out of the box.

You might wonder why I want UDP-logging, but I think they
are a lot easier to work with, when you are developing all
kinds of monitoring utilities. Which I am. It is also great for
building different kinds of "live stats".

> Fra: Andreas Andersson <andreas.andersson at dice.se>
>This is what the local gamespy-programmer told-me.
> 2. The ping-entry entry has been removed recently.
That was bad news... We regularly query our BF-servers, collecting ping info, plotting min, max, mean and std.dev to nice graphs using cacti. And this is actually very usefull info to have, since it is telling you a lot about the stat of your server.

> 4. The team-info will most likely be removed in the near future.
Removed how? Not completely I hope? How can you build
an informative online status page for servers without it?