[bf1942] BF2 linux server at launch

Aubrey King aking at gblx.net
Tue May 3 16:29:40 EDT 2005

hahaha!  Compiled for your environment every time, though.  Set flags
once for all compiling?  Not bad, either.  Like FreeBSD or Debian, but
more thorough and faster!  Also, less typing for a system-wide update:
"emerge sync && emerge -u world"  Of course, it can take like 3 days to
completely update, but in that time, you're already enjoying packages that
Debian or SuSE or *ulp* RedHat will have out in 4 months.  Using rsync
instead of http and ftp - faster!  Also, there are no OS versions.  Once
your system is fully emerged, it's up to the latest there is.  Only the
installer cd has versions.  That's like being able to update DOS 2 to XP
Pro SP2 with one command!

All of that makes Gentoo the best.  It's the most forward thinking POSIX
OS on the planet.

:)

Aubrey King
Systems Administrator II