[bf1942] How to test high ping kicker is working

"Einar S. Idsø" esi at itk.ntnu.no
Mon Jun 27 04:40:45 EDT 2005

Andrew Armstrong wrote:
> Im having to design this in a way that it works for multiple configs for
> multiple servers off the one install.

It already does this by using adminsettings.con alongside maplist.con
(creds to Steven Hartland).

> In file: bf2/admin/standard_admin/__init__.py
> contents:
> ------------
> import autobalance
> import tk_punish
> import bf2cc
> import pingkick
>
> autobalance.init()
> tk_punish.init()
> pingkick.init()
> ------------
pingkick.init() will write the following to the log if g_debug = 1:
PINGKICK: initializing pingkick script

But do you get anything in the log? Anything at all? If not, then my
guess is that the writer class isn't correctly initialized. Make sure
that a_debug=1 or a_info=1 to enable the writer in the first place.

> I understand im slightly editing what you provided, but I dont see a reason
> for this not to work.

You should consider using the scripts as they are to begin with to
familiarize yourself with them, then try to make modifications ;)

Einar