[bf1942] We REALLY need the BF2 Python API

"Einar S. Idsø" esi at itk.ntnu.no
Mon Jun 27 03:54:25 EDT 2005

I'm afraid not. But does BF2CC use an admin script entirely different
from the default.py that came with the installation? We haven't removed
any functionality from that script, only added to it (unless Panic
decided to make some last-minute changes after I left ;)). So bfno.py
should be a drop-in replacement for default.py.

The main modifications are:
1. Added a writer class for debugging. This was STRONGLY based on Steven
Hartland's multiplay.py. Difference is that ours also opens a UDP log to
a configurable port.
2. Kept Steven Hartland's brilliant idea of placing a file called
adminsettings.con alongside the maplist.con file for additional options.
3. Made the options dictionary globally accessible by assigning it to
bf2.adminoptions
4. Registered a callback function to fire at mapchange. It will reread
the adminsettings.con file so that changes to ping limits will be active
from next round.

If BF2CC does indeed use an adminscript different from default.py, you
could take a closer look at the code. You just may be able to merge
BF2CC's adminfile with ours. Modifications 2 and 3 are absolutely
necessary. Mod 1 is just for practical reasons (a log is nice to have,
eh?), and Mod 4 is recommended but not necessary. Good luck! :)

Einar