[bf1942] bf2 FPS?

Andreas Fredriksson deplinenoise at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 17:07:34 EDT 2005

On 6/22/05, Luke <luke at techfreak.org> wrote:
> within the server console I see the FPS: 25 (or whatever)....
>
> I am assuming this stands for Frames Per Second. Is this the case? If so,
> what determines this value? Is it an average for all players? Based on
> what?

As with BF1942 and BF:V, you should always try to keep the server near
30 FPS, otherwise the physics loop can't keep up with the load and you
will see jerkiness (a.k.a. the bungie effect or what your average
player would call lag).

// Andreas

--
And I hate redundancy, and having different functions for the same thing.
        - Linus Torvalds on linux-kernel