Console output (was: Disconnecting after every round)

ScratchMonkey ScratchMonkey at MatureAsskickers.net
Thu Jun 23 09:31:53 EDT 2005

--On Thursday, June 23, 2005 2:22 PM +0200 Andreas Andersson
<andreas.andersson at dice.se> wrote:

> * Are you seeing any messages in the server when it kicks all players?
> I've seen you report the punkbuster-messages, but how about when you are
> not using punkbuster?

BTW, can you register a request to optionally get rid of the
screen-painting and present a conventional "tty-style" console?

I had a problem with losing error messages displayed just before the screen
is first painted, and could only see them if I ran the server from within
an Emacs process buffer, so that I could scroll back before the repaint. (I
had a Python file in the wrong directory, but didn't see the message
indicating that the import was failing.)

I'm sure most of us running the server on Linux are running it in a
detached screen session where it's more important for us to be able to
attach and scroll back in the buffer to see what's been going on.