Lag

Patrick Scott pscott at extremesims.com
Wed Jun 22 18:43:35 EDT 2005

I have played on a handful of ranked servers, and it's exactly as I
suspected. They are laggy beyond belief, and every player on the
servers was complaining about the same thing. I suspect - and this is
no slam against anyone on this listserv - that those GSPs that could
afford whatever EA demanded are going to oversubscribe their servers.
It's what happens with every game, and this one  is no exception. It
might be noted that the average gamer thinks that the game itself
sucks - a note, EA, that bad player experience reflects on EA, not on
the GSP.

Someone noted that it's the clans that run the best servers, since
it's a labor of love.