[bf1942] Retail BF2 servers released!!!

ScratchMonkey ScratchMonkey at MatureAsskickers.net
Tue Jun 21 11:17:01 EDT 2005

--On Tuesday, June 21, 2005 3:42 PM +0100 Steven Hartland
<killing at multiplay.co.uk> wrote:

> Simple answer it went gold before the demo and as such is older
> code.

Which indicates that there were at least 4 builds since the retail code was
locked and makes me wonder what was fixed or changed since then?

A diff of the two reveals quite a few more "print" statements in the Python
for the retail server. (But many are commented out, and many are qualified
by setting the global "g_debug", set in python/bf2/__init__.py.) stats.py
has some more stuff. Obviously we get all the additional maps and the
64-player version of Oman. The date in the readme is March 29, versus June
2 for the demo.