[bf1942] Python Question

Brigham Stevens brs at vikingmind.com
Fri Jun 17 16:44:46 EDT 2005

Anyone know.....

what does Player.getSquadId() return if the player is not in a squad?
If I use the print sattements will that appear in the console?

here is the top of the autobalance script.... I'm trying to print out
the value of the squad - I don't see it in the console? Ideally what I
would like to do is see if there are players in game that are not ina
squad. If there are players not in a squad, then don't autobalance
someone in a squad, otherwise, balance the player in the squad!

def onPlayerDeath(p, vehicle):
    if not bf2.serverSettings.getAutoBalanceTeam(): return None
    if p.isCommander(): return None
    if p.isSquadLeader(): return None

        print "name: %s squadID: %d" % p.getName() % p.getSquadId()

    # dont use autobalance when its suicide/changes team