[bf1942] bind BF2 to non-primary IP-address?

ScratchMonkey ScratchMonkey at MatureAsskickers.net
Thu Jun 16 06:40:18 EDT 2005

--On Thursday, June 16, 2005 12:32 PM +0200 Timo Hilbertz
<hilbertz at ipx-server.de> wrote:

> some people (including me) have difficulties when trying to run BF2
> (Linux) on the non-primary IP-Address. You cannot connect if the server
> doesn't use the first IP. Any solution for that?

I've seen a number of people use the term "non-primary". What do you mean
by that?

I think interfaces get named in the order they're found on the bus, but you
might be able to override this if they use different drivers, by naming
them explicitly in modules.conf.

Try using "lsof -i" to see what interface the process is actually listening
on. tcpdump or ethereal (packet sniffers) can also be useful for figuring
out what's going on.