[bf1942] Another angle

[RNGD]Tyrant tyrant at rngd.net
Wed Jun 15 17:19:03 EDT 2005

I agree, a lot of gamers just want a level playing field type of gaming with
all the features of the game they bought enabled. But this is simply
impossible from EA's point of view. They want people to view the game in a
MMMORPG kind of way. My view is that this changes the principle of the game
which was that everyone was equal. I think these exclusive unlocks are an
unbalancing force and unfair to casual gamers.

Assuming BF2 1.0 (that went gold two weeks ago) is the same as the demo in
terms of Python, then the mods people are doing now will work with the full
game. However, from what I have been told by Ben smith of EA, any server
that uses a server side mod to enable unlocks will be removed from the
server list. I imagine if they can figure out a way to stop people from
joining direct to IP they would, or they will change the way the py scripts
work to stop people from doing this.

EA's position is that the only mod they will allow is a client/server mod
which has rebuilt the 'unlock' weapons from scratch.