[bf1942] Another angle

[RNGD]Tyrant tyrant at rngd.net
Wed Jun 15 16:58:15 EDT 2005

I understand why they did this for the demo, although labeling all admins as
'part of the hacker community' was totally over the top. And did you notice
how they used this as another excuse not to make the ranked server available
to dedicated server managers (they just slipped that in). The whole EA
propaganda machine with this and previous statements is trying to get the
message out  there: EA Ranked Servers Good, all other servers evil.

The bigger problem is the future of server side mods. This unlisting policy
will go forward in the real game. We have this cool python thing, so what
can and cant we edit?  There are no guidelines...so will EA continueally
just use the crude method of banning servers as they find something they
don't like, or will they give us some guidelines?