Gamespy IDs

Dave Snodgrass packtloss at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 14:14:12 EDT 2005

Quick query, to see if anyone has any further info:

I've always been 'packetloss' when it comes to mods and games - When i
went to make my bf2 profile, packetloss was unavailble (As were
several derivatives) and i ended up with 'Packetloss31337'. Now,
today, i've logged into fileplanet, and noticed that where i can pick
my login profile, 'Packetloss31337' is listed there. (As is my
standard packetloss). That said - Anyone know if that means gamespy
ids == bf2 ids, further limiting the available name pools? Or are
these simply aliases tied to my gamespy email address? Does this mean
i can delete 'packetloss' in gamespy, then create a new 'packetloss'
name in bf2? :)