[bf1942] Ban email

Michael Ressen netadmin at michiganburbs.com
Tue Jun 14 20:40:20 EDT 2005

James Gurney wrote:
> On 6/14/2005 2:26 PM, ScratchMonkey wrote:
>
>> Apparently an email was sent from EA explaining the ban:
>>
>> <http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=878>
>

> Our community is providing completely free marketing for EA. We've been
> running 2x32 player servers ever since the demo came out and they've
> been completely full, all that time. We've pushed over 250GB of traffic
> in that time. Yeah, we could have left the timelimit on, but guess what?
> It's a lot more fun without it there.. What's the problem? Afraid people
> might enjoy it too much and spend money on the game? Oh wait, that
> doesn't make sense..
>
> And in return? Stabbed in the back! Thanks a bunch EA. I'm cancelling my
> pre-order, I'll be encouraging the rest of our community to do the same
> and I seriously doubt we'll be running a BF2 server after release
> either. What a great way to treat the community, after all the time,
> effort and money some of us have put into promoting your game. Thanks a
> lot, really!
>
> James

/second

Now with all the messed up releases in the last 2 years, both from EA
and others, maybe it's time we looked back to the community for a
developer or game that has realistic interests in mind, and is willing
to partner with the community for the success of all involved.   This
one-sided bullshit from big corps might sell titles through marketing,
but long-term sales will suffer without a community to support the game,
especially when pay-to-play becomes the norm - people will flock to
what's free.

This is what you get when some 25 yr old marketing puke gets to direct
efforts of money hungry programmers with no spine.

/BA