[bf1942] Modding v Hacking

James Gurney james at globalmegacorp.org
Tue Jun 14 19:19:03 EDT 2005

Then how about fucking telling us about it before banning our server
IPs? I still can't believe this mentality. The community servers are
what drives the long term popularity of a game.. The people who run
these servers devote their time, effort and money to helping make a game
do well.. and in return we're now getting treated like 3rd rate script
kiddies. How about an ounce of respect in return? That's not much to
ask, is it?

The right thing for EA to do at this point is declare amnesty. Remove
all blacklists, give people a couple of days to remove the "mods" and
then start adding people to a blacklist if they still want to.

I know one server admin doesn't exactly carry any weight with EA,
especially since they've already shown they couldn't give a crap about
us, but for what it's worth, I'm taking our servers offline.

James