[bf1942] Response from EA regarding server Bans

Andrew Von Niederhausern avonnied at genetics.utah.edu
Tue Jun 14 18:31:12 EDT 2005

Darren,

I think the question that needs to be asked if editing the server
configuration py scripts is considered "hacking" or simply server
configuration.

On this list, the py feature has been talked up as being a server
configuration method.

If the timelimit is indeed just part of a server configuration py
script, then how can that at all be considered against the EULA?

Now I don't know about the unlocks and that may indeed involve more than
just configuring the server configuration scripts..

Maybe some clarification..

Are servers being blacklisted for the unlock and timelimit or just the
unlocks?

Andrew