[bf1942] BF2 server AMD vs Intel comparison

Steven Hartland killing at multiplay.co.uk
Tue Jun 14 09:44:00 EDT 2005

Its the same as windows reports CPU% of the total available
hence if u have 2 physical processors and HT is disabled
you need to times all results by 2. 4 process * by 4 etc
same with HT which will show as 4 CPU's on a dual processor
box.

Its such a common thing for people to do its untrue, had such
a funny incident with a guy that claimed his dual 3.2Ghz Xeon
could easily run a 32 player ONS server when we knew it
just couldnt even close 26 players tops :) He wouldnt listen
so we filled his server in a test and watched pings jump into
the seconds as the CPU got totally lagged while listerning to
him saying but its only using 25%!!! :D

    Steve / K