[bf1942] Issues regarding "ranked servers"

Brendan Cosman bcosman at bigpond.net.au
Sun Jun 5 20:30:50 EDT 2005

Not only will you be able to offer "rank-enabled" servers, where players
rank from the official ranked servers is used for unlocks etc, but it was
made clear in one of the interviews that it will be trivial to code a
serverside mod that unlocks all weapons for all players.

So all you non-official server hosters, you have an advantage over the
official EA servers - you'll be able to offer people all of the unlocked
weapons, all of the time, as soon as a mod is released that does this (and
expect that someone will release it within the first 24 hours - in fact, you
should be spending less time talking about a boycott of EA servers and more
time contacting one of the better mod teams to get this organised before
release).  The best thing for this would be for all the non-official EA
servers to run the same serverside mod and agree on some way of noting that
in their server names...

Malthius.