[bf1942] Issues regarding "ranked servers"

Chris Adams chris at fragzzhost.com
Sun Jun 5 17:34:21 EDT 2005

"I think everyone would be happy if EA would allow anyone to apply to be

a ranking server.   As long as there's some controls, there shouldn't be

a prob"

That would be the best way forward just from EA's point of view it isn't
really financially viable. They would have to have someone working full
time, possibly several people, simply to process the requests. The
problem then is that it takes one person with a disassembler, or a
legitimate host, sharing their network with an promiscuous-mode AES
cracker. Perhaps EA have second thoughts about the whole thing but
they've started so they'll finish?

Chris Adams
GameSwitch Ltd.
www.gameswitch.co.uk