[bf1942] Issues regarding "ranked servers"

Michael Davies slack0ne at jetstreamgames.co.nz
Sun Jun 5 11:21:32 EDT 2005

I think there's going to be a lot more ranked "official" servers than you
guys are expecting. Recently it was announced that 3 major Aussie GPS's
will be providing between 300-400 player slots on ranked servers and I
know of a similar deal being done in NZ. In America I know of a BIG
network of the ranked servers run by EA themselves through a centralized
site and a large group of admins. Worldwide deals have already been done
and sealed with large GSP's to provide servers.

While the smaller servers hosting outfits and clans will miss ranked
action on their servers there will be no shortage of 'official' servers
worldwide.

Michael Davies.
NZBattlefield.com