[bf1942] Issues regarding "ranked servers"

Anton Jansen gradius at fmf.nl
Sat Jun 4 09:45:26 EDT 2005

Luke wrote:

>It seemsclear to me that they are 'advertising' the superiority of 'ranked servers'. Why? Well, arent ranked servers going to be official EA servers?

Probarly yes, although I heard some of us claiming they wanted to
achieve this status as well. Can any of you professional guys
confirm/deny this? Or are you not allowed to give an answer to this?

>Are they going to rent them to admins? If so, seems like a clear marketing strategy, not a game-play strategy. If they shut out the GSP's and clan admins, they could make a lot of money in the next three years on server rentals......

Off course it's a market strategy! $ talks, the challenge for them is to
make the service good enough, so people are willing to pay for it  In
the end, they have to convince the market that  BF2 is a great game and
the BF brand is a good one.

With kind regards,

Anton Jansen