[bf1942] Issues regarding "ranked servers"

Luke luke at techfreak.org
Sat Jun 4 08:41:32 EDT 2005

I have to say that IF unranked servers = non-EA servers then the tone of
this 'update' is unbelieveably arrogant. Unranked (non-EA) servers are
just good places to learn how not to be a n00b??!?!?!?!? Please......

If this is the case, I will likely boycott hosting the game. This is a
level of arrogance not seen before. If, however, all admins are allowed to
choose whether their servers are ranked or not is another story. If we
have th choice I don't see a huge problem with this structure.

Luke

Joe said:
> Hey guys, check out this load of horse dung!
> http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/editorial.jsp?sr
> c=communityupdate_060305
>
> Let me highlight my two favorite parts.
>
> "Unranked servers will be the best environment for new players to learn
> Battlefield 2"
>
> "The one thing these will all have in common, however, is the lack of
> pressure to meet the high standard of play we will expect on Ranked
> servers
> (i.e. don’t be a nuisance, don’t break EA’s Terms and Conditions and
> strive
> to be a team player). "
>
> They expect to shovel the crap onto the unranked servers? Haha? Not sure
> if
> I should laugh or sob at this point...
>
> And for as much as this hurts and displeases me & my clan, I can only
> imagine the pain on the GSP end..

Blessed are the geeks: for they shall inherit the earth.