[bf1942] v.103 Announcement

Mike stuff at dustsmoke.com
Sat Jul 23 16:11:50 EDT 2005

Rene Belloq wrote:

> Just in case you hadn't read up on the EA UK Forums yet this morning.
> Sorry if this turns out to be some kind of "hoax". :)
>

> Hi everyone, and thanks for supporting BF2. Thanks to all of you out
> there, BF2 has seen great success around the world and we’d like to
> thank you all for that.
>
> Since its launch, we’ve tried to give BF2 all the support it deserves
> by releasing patches with the fixes and improvements you’ve asked for.
> Unfortunately, we haven’t lived up to the standards we’ve set for
> ourselves and we know that. So all of us at EA and DICE are working
> extra hard to make sure that the BF2 experience improves dramatically
> in the coming weeks.
>
> Towards the end of August, we will be releasing a new patch, 1.03.
> This patch is currently underway and will undergo thorough testing
> before it goes out to avoid the problems that have occurred in the
> past. There are over 140 fixes and improvements in this patch. Here
> are just a few of them:
>
> * Server and Client performance improvements
> * Improved Server Browser - added Favorites and History Lists.
> * Point-farming prevention - game will stop Support/Medic/Engineer
> point farming exploits.
> * Squads - locked squad leader will get a message if someone wants to
> join.
> * Many HUD improvements - see the names of others in your vehicle,
> zoom level changing depending on vehicle, map zoom depending on map
> setup (16, 32 or 64 player map) etc.
> * Teamkilling changes – the logic of how teamkills are tracked will be
> changed.
> * Gameplay tweaks - the way transport helicopters work will be tweaked.
> * Additional scoring changes - players who destroy an enemy
> commander's assets will be given points.
>
> There are many, many more fixes that will be included in the patch but
> we’re looking forward to everyone moving to 1.03 to get the best BF2
> experience out there on a level, cheat-free playing field.
>
> We also know that there is still an issue with availability of slots
> on Ranked Servers. We’re all delighted that this new feature has been
> so popular, but we know that many of you are finding it hard to get
> onto a ranked server, especially at peak times. We are taking big
> steps and investing heavily to ensure that everyone can experience
> this side of BF2. New official servers have gone up in Europe and the
> US this week and you will see many more going up in the coming weeks.
> Our vision is to make sure you never have to wait to get onto a ranked
> server so you can enjoy the game at its best, and we will work to make
> that happen.
>
> Thanks for being such fans of BF2. We’ve been listening to you and
> we’re determined to make BF2 the best online shooter experience out
> there. We hope you like the changes that are coming.

HAH! Heard stuff like this before from these guys....

I personally wont believe they are doing any of this until I see it
myself in actual patches. I'm sorry but a track record is a track
record. EA/Dice has to earn their way out of the gutter they put
themselves in. The PR statements are worthless at this point.

-Mike