[bf1942] 1.02 Linux Server Wierdness

Andreas Fredriksson deplinenoise at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 07:54:52 EDT 2005

On 7/16/05, Kingsley Foreman <kingsley at internode.com.au> wrote:
> there are 2 types of threads there is linuxthreads and the newer POSIX
> threads
>
> linuxthreads will show them POSIX threads wont,  so if you have POSIX
> threads
> enabled in your glibc you will only see 1 proccess

Small correction; both LinuxThreads and NPTL (which is what you are
talking about) are POSIX thread libraries (pthreads).

NPTL in together with upgraded pstools (of which top, ps and friends
are part) will show
only the process rather than all it's threads in listings.

I commented in length on this earlier on this list so you should be
able to find it in the archives.

Regards,
Andreas