[bf1942] web script

Ron Davis ronaldwdavis at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 01:41:57 EDT 2005

If i understand this correctly you are asking for a process that apache
kicks off to run a process as a differant user.

As the previous user specified:Paul Bowsher

If you use virtualhosts along with suexec you can control all scripts being
executed on a site to be ran as any user you want. Further if you look at
the subproces that is spawned from apache you can see if running as that
user.

To do this first you have to compile apache with suexec support.
do:
/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -l
to tell you if it is enabled.

Once you do that in httpd.conf you tell the system what user to execute a
script as and where they may execute scripts from.

Also you could always shell out of the script and run the "su user -c "/bf2
stop| start" way as well.

Hope that helps

--
Thanks Again,